First Presbyterian Church Records
60 W. Walton St.
Chicago, IL 60610
Extent: 82 Linear Feet
Finding Aid: None
Access to this collection is restricted; please contact the holding institution for details.
Contact the institution for more information.
Scope and Content Note:
Parish records, church bulletins and programs, business records, artifacts (including missionary artifacts), etc., of this church founded at Fort Dearborn in 1833 and now in Woodlawn. The congregation has included many prominent Chicago families such as the Shedds, Buckinghams, and Fields, and became one of the first racially integrated congregations in Chicago, in 1953.