Office of the Executive Vice President Records
Cudahy Library Room 218
1032 West Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60626
Extent: 15 Linear Feet
Finding Aid: None
Access to this collection is restricted; please contact the holding institution for details.
The office of the Executive Vice-President was established in 1968. Raymond C. Baumhart, S.J., Ph.D. filled the position from 22 April 1968 to 30 July 1970. The position remained vacant for the next nineteen years. Loyola announced administrative organizational restructuring during the summer of 1989. Ronald E. Walker, Ph.D. was appointed to the office on 1 July 1989. Ronald E. Walker retired in June, 1999, after 38 years of service to Loyola.
Scope and Content Note:
This collection is arranged under a variety of headings, organized alphabetically. Similar headings, consisting of different years, can also be found in the previously processed collection. Since Ronald E. Walker was involved in many facets of the University, this finding aid will best serve individuals browsing for data associated with their area of interest, if it is other than the Office of the Executive Vice President. An interesting topic found in this collection is the formation of a Loyola Band in 1994 and 1995. (Band Programs, 1-12) The Band Program did receive funding, and was advertising for rehearsals in August of 1995. Beyond that no further correspondence is on file. A topic that may need further explanation from its title is Collegium (1-19). Collegium is a program that Loyola subscribed to in 1992. Loyola was one of 39 institutions that joined the Collegium. Information on file relating to the exact nature of the Collegium is sparse.