Dept. of Government and Community Affairs, Office of Community Programs, Mary Margaret Langdon, Director, Records
Cudahy Library Room 218
1032 West Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60626
Extent: 14.5 Linear Feet
Access to this collection is restricted; please contact the holding institution for details.
In 1977 Mary Margaret Langdon became director of the Community Programs Office at Loyola University Chicago, a position she retained until her retirement in 1993. Megs Langdon was instrumental in organizing personal safety programs on the Lakeshore Campus and in charge of the Walk-to-Work Program. She worked on the Loyola Lakefill Project, which was eventually halted by court order in 1991, and active in the Rogers Park and Edgewater communities, which led to her participation in several committees including the Chicago Crime Commission, St. Joseph Hospital Executive Advisory Committee, Loyola University Women’s Board, Chicago Plan Commission, and Rogers Park Community Council. Langdon chaired several committees including the Steering Committee 24th District Chicago Police Department, Loyola University Urban Concerns Committee, and Mundelein College Development Fund.
Scope and Content Note:
The Office of Community Programs records include agendas, minutes, reports, correspondence, photographs, blueprints, audio cassette tapes, and video tapes.