Catholic Church Extension Society Records
Cudahy Library Room 218
1032 West Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60626
Extent: 168 Linear Feet
Access to this collection is restricted; please contact the holding institution for details.
The Catholic Church Extension Society was established October 18, 1905, to serve the home missions, areas that lacked personnel, organization, and finances. The Extension Society has helped to build churches, educate and support clergy and seminarians, and has provided financial assistance for dioceses in the western and southern states as well as Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Philippines, and other areas.
Scope and Content Note:
The Catholic Church Extension Society Records include correspondence, reports, newspaper clippings, and photographs. Currently available records include Diocesan correspondence, Chapel Car logs, George Hennessey (Superintendent of Chapel Cars) correspondence, John J. D'Arcy estate records, Extension Magazine Teen Contest records, and the Catholic Church Extension photograph collection.